Saturday, August 25, 2012

US Map from Craft Paper


This is the type of project you're gonna want to start when you have a lot of spare time on your hands. It started as just a project to help me learn the states and where they are located on the map. So my mommy bought this puzzle:

Then I told mommy I wanted a map for my room, so we thought about painting this puzzle to match my room. After painting it, we realized it looked pretty awful. Because the puzzle pieces were so vibrant, the paint didn't really cover them. So my mommy suggested paper. We took out our craft supplies, and started with the oceans. It looked great, so we kept going. She worked on the east coast where the smaller states are, and I worked on the west. But it was a very, very, VERY long process. We started this in mid summer and only just finished. If you have brothers and sisters, let them help. The more people you have, the faster this will go. With just two of us, it took a while. And to be honest, I got a little bored after a while, so we put it a way for a few weeks. But, once we finally had it all covered, we added some buttons and stickers to make the map pretty, and we did the border with ribbon. I love it now but I don't think I want to make another anytime soon :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment